I’ve been diving into how to provide a more curated experience for people using the WordPress block editor. Here follows a (growing) set of useful resources and links that provide solid info on how to better go about this:
- Ryan Welcher has a great Plugin providing examples of template and block level locking.
- Anne McCarthy rounds collates a number of important topics around curating experiences.
- George Mamadashvili provides examples of filtering the availability of the block locking settings based on permissions and various other criteria.
- Marcus Kazmierczak goes into a bit of detail around using Theme JSON in Classic Themes.
- WordPress VIP share How Gutenberg Guardrails Empower Creators: Theme.json and Block Locking APIs in WordPress.
- Birgit provides a great overview of Gutenberg Adoption levels and strategies in this presentation.